Sunday, June 19, 2011

In Need of a Father.........

I thought Father's Day might be a good day to talk about Reece's Rainbow.  This is an international adoption agency for kids with Down syndrome & other special needs.  This organization started in 2006 by Andrea Roberts & is named after her son Reece who has Down syndrome.  Over 350 children have found adoptive homes thanks to Reece's Rainbow. 

Adoption is not in the future for my husband & myself right now - at least  not the near future...........but  if you happen to be reading this, my loving husband, speak up if you think you would like to consider it.......... 

Looking at the pictures of the kids on Reece's Rainbow always breaks my heart & I often end up teary eyed.  As I said, we are not considering adoption at this moment, but perhaps someone will read this today & a little girl or boy will tug at their heartstrings and just maybe that child will have their own father by the time the next Father's day rolls around.

Here is the link:

http://reecesrainbow.org/


Here is a link to their Already Home page.  I am in awe of the many families on this page who have adopted not one, but 2 children! Many of these families blogs are listed on this page if you would like to read more.

http://reecesrainbow.org/category/alreadyhome

No comments:

Post a Comment