Thursday, November 1, 2012

Canadian Down Syndrome Awareness Week - More Alike Than Different


More alike than different.........................I bet you're wondering what that has to do with tomatoes right?

I had a dream last night that I want to share with you.  I thought it would be an interesting story to share today because this is the first day of Canada's National Down Syndrome Awareness Week.

In my dream last night, I was myself but K was a tomato.  A beautiful, delicious, red, & yes, just a perfect little tomato. In my dream it just seemed very natural that K was a tomato.  There was a big big basket of other wonderful looking little tomatoes.  I could tell that K wanted to play with them & I remember thinking that she was just a little different than them so I would be able to find her again so I set her in the basket with them.  She immediately started to wriggle around playing with them & within a few seconds I couldn't tell which one she was.  I kept trying to figure out how  I could pick her out of the others but there were no differences.  She was just as red, lovely & delicious as all the other tomatoes.  By the time I woke up I was starting to get frantic because I couldn't find my beloved little tomato. 

More alike than different.....................so true!

Happy National Down Syndrome Awareness Week!  I'll be posting every day this week in celebration of my wonderful daughter with DS ! I'd love to hear from my Canadian readers this week.  Please let me know your out there & if you have a blog feel free to post a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment