Friday, November 8, 2013

Brag Time! : Canadian Down Syndrome Awareness Week

K brought home her first report card ever this week. I was a little nervous as I opened the envelope.........it seemed to me like she has been doing well but I was still a little unsure about seeing it in black & white just in case.

The good news? She rocked it! 

There are 4 categories.:
1. I know/do this very well
2. I usually know/ do this
3. I need Assistance
4. I am experiencing difficulty with this skill

K got almost all 1's & every academic category was scored a 1 - even gross motor coordination which is a little tougher for a kid with lower tone. There were a few 2's & they were not a surprise. They were for things like exhibiting coordination in fine motor/ printing legibly(which is really improving) &  following  directions - which has improved drastically after that blip we had the first couple of weeks of school explanation here:


She did not get any 3's or 4's at all! 

We went for a child led parent teacher interview last night. The thing that excited
 me the most is that for the first time I was able to see how well K can learn in a 
large group. I am very confident of her abilities to learn in a small group & of 
course one on one but 15 kids is a big jump from the 5 or 6 kids that were in her 
preschool class. They are working in a phonics program that has little actions 
for each word. K was able to show me an accurate sign for each letter they had 
learned & even a few that they hadn't worked on yet. 

I'm so proud of this kid!




No comments:

Post a Comment