Sunday, March 13, 2011

What we did then - What we do now Part 1

We have made a few changes in the last 6 months.  Until last fall, for supplements,  K was getting a regular children's multi vitamin, fish oil, vitamin D, vitamin C, probiotics - I think that's all!   Occasionally she would get a elderberry & zinc combination & echinacea when she had a cold.  All of her supplements were health food store quality. What you see in most of these videos she accomplished while getting the above vitamins only, & a good diet ( lots of organics)  - without TNI.  It is comforting for me to know that my daughter can learn so well without anything else although I do know that many people consider TNI to be more for the long term benefits.

Having said that, we have decided to try some additional supplements in the last 6 months.  We added them all gradually.  K is getting Nutrivene D Daily supplement, Nutrivene Night Time formula, Ginkgo Biloba & Longvida Curcumin.  The only thing that I think made a noticeable difference is the Longvida Curcumin.  K's language seemed to take a sudden jump when we started it. However, we ran out a couple of weeks ago, & this week the whole family has commented on a sudden jump in her speech, so who knows?   The new order of curcumin should arrive soon -  I'll update if I see any new changes once she is back on it again. 

I have to admit that I had been hoping to see more short term results.  I am honestly undecided as to whether or not we will continue long term. I have talked to other parents though, who were impressed with the changes  in their kids on TNI, but I believe that because each child is an individual, certain things work for one that might not work for another.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post, thank you for sharing your experience. Our son is now on his way to overcoming his speech delays & trying his best to knock down the barriers of autism with the help of many good people around us.

    Do continue sharing your knowledge. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that your son is improving. A parent who believes in their child & has high expectations can make such a huge difference in overcoming those barriers. He is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete