Friday, December 14, 2012

My Awesome Christmas gift!

K's fine motor skills were still testing at or slightly above average for a typical child her age when she turned 4 however she hated any kind of drawing & colouring.  Although she hasn't had her fine motor skills tested lately I was quite sure she had fallen behind due to the lack of writing pratice. In the last 7 or 8 months however she has suddenly decided it is great fun to draw & colour & with many different mediums - paint,crayon, pencil, iPad letter drawing apps, magna doodle etc.  All that practice has been paying off & it has been very noticeable in her drawing,colouring & printing.  We always get K to practice writing her name on worksheets & yesterday she insisted that I write my name first.  I obliged & the she proceeded to write too. After a few moments she said "Look Mom!"  I expected her to have written her name but instead I saw this:


In case you can't understand my messy writing hers is the Mom on the right!

1 comment: